1.22.2010

Spin Cycle: Everybody's got one...

I am entirely too exhausted to actually write a good post on this. So instead, there's a quote from one of my favorite movies that seemed appropriate for this spin.

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms." - The American President

And because I'm loving Aaron Sorkin today,

"Actions are immoral. Opinions are not. And I won't apologize for mine. Discussion is good, and for those of us fortunate enough to be the subject of magazine articles, it may be our responsibility from time to time to try and raise the level of debate." - Sports Night

Go visit Jen to get to some good spins, instead of this!

5 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I LOVE The American President! And I remember that exact quote. I must see that movie again. And I don't believe your opinion that this Spin is lame. Your Spin made me smile! You're linked!

andrea said...

Aww. And that, my dear, is why I adore you :-)

I have to watch that this weekend. Along with An Affair to Remember, since i quoted it yesterday (Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories). And The Proposal. And XMen Origins. Ahh!

unmitigated me said...

The American President was Grandpa P's favorite non-war movie. I think he was in love with Annette Benning.

andrea said...

Mom told me that before :-) Apparently my love of Aaron Sorkin is genetic :-)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Thanks for reminding me how good The American President is - now I'm going to have to rent it and watch it again! Creative Spin, I love it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn