11.08.2008

Another music meme.....

This is basically the one I just did, but I get to choose answers now. Which is a bonus, since music is pretty much everything to me. Got this one off of Middle-Aged Woman

The Song Which:

Reminds you of an ex-lover:
"Yellow" by Coldplay....maybe because it was the most overplayed song in the world when it first came out, but when I was with him, we always seemed to hear that song, or see the video. Just the first few notes of that song, and it all comes back....that was the first (probably only) guy I've ever come close to really falling for, and it doesn't help that we're still close and still talk often. People always say a first love never really leaves you, and I suppose that's the case here, even though it was never really love. At least not that kind of love...

Reminds you of an ex-friend:
"To Be With You" by Mr. Big. It's not so much an ex-friend as a friend that was taken long before his time. Someone who still crosses my mind to this day, even though he was killed over six and a half years ago. He was the one who renewed my love of 80s music. I could use almost any 80s song for this, really, but that was has a different kind of significance, as we always seemed to be a week off track with each other, although I know we both wanted the other at some point or another. I'm sure that for the rest of my life, anytime I hear the Scorpions or Great White, he'll be fresh on my mind.


Makes you cry:
"Hear You Me" by Jimmy Eat World. That song reminds me of everyone I've ever loved and lost. Actually, one of the lines from it will be one of my next tattoos ("so lucky so strong so proud" in case you're interested)

The only time I've heard that song and not cried was when I went to their concert this past July. And that was probably because I was actively trying not to.

Makes you laugh:
"If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies. That song will forever remind me of youth group and long car rides and overnight retreats and singing along as loud as possible with my best friends. Guaranteed way to cheer me up is to either play that or start singing random lines from it.

You never want to hear again:
"100 Years" by Five for Fighting. A song so awful that I actually had a nightmare about it. If you don't remember it from the ten minutes when it was everywhere, here are the lyrics: This song makes me want to stab my ears out

Sums up your teenage years:
"Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum. Still one of my favorite songs, definitely was then.

You want to get married to:
First dance? Or walk down the aisle to? I'll choose one that would work for either, and I would use for at least one of those - the acoustic version I have of "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters. It's an absolutely beautiful rendition. It would definitely be a little less traditional than the standards, because I imagine if I ever get married, it'll be fairly unconventional.

Songs that make you want to "get it on":
"Come a Little Closer" by Dierks Bentley. His voice is just....yum. Anyways. "Green Eyes" by Coldplay...one of my absolute favorite songs. Maroon 5 "Secret." "Crush" by Dave Matthews. Although, obviously, I don't know about any of this from experience. Hi Mom.

You like to wake up to:
I wake up every morning to "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer, as it's my ringtone and therefore my alarm. That works for me.

You like out of your parents' collection:
Anything from the Beatles.

Wouldn't know about if it weren't for a friend:
"Sunday" by Bloc Party. One of my newest favorite lyrics is from here - "When I'm with you, I am calm, I'm a pearl in your oyster...Head on my chest, a silent smile, a private kind of happiness. You see giant proclamations are all very well, but our love is louder than words." Sigh. Why don't men that write lyrics like that exist in my world? The lovely accent doesn't hurt either.

You want at your funeral:
"Let it Be." The Beatles.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Photoshop Brushes Obsidian Dawn