• I try to come off as a badass. I'm a fairly confident woman. I'm independent and fiercely stubborn. If you've been reading me for any length of time, you've seen this. But shit like this? Kills me.
• I think I put all my energy and emotion into songs, and movies, and TV shows, and books, and save nothing for real life. After spending the first twenty-five years or so of my life crying over everything, I'm pretty much done with that.
• That's not to say that I'm a heartless bitch now. I just don't wear my heart out on my sleeve so much anymore.
• But if y'all could actually know everything going on in this messed up little mind of mine? Whew. Let's just say I'm glad you can't.
• Obviously there are a few people who can read me no matter what. My sister is one of them. As is my momma.
• They've also known me twenty-eight years. It's the people who've known me much, much less that worry me. They're the ones who can hurt me. There are a few I can trust not to - those soul friends who are more like family - but it's those people who you've only just met that can really twist a knife in your back.
• Yet lately, I seem to be letting more and more of those people into my life. There are a couple in particular that stick out. And I hope that my gut reaction of trusting them doesn't lead to me getting hurt.
• There's a quote from Grey's Anatomy I love that relates to this: "Intimacy is a four syllable word for, "Here's my heart and soul, please grind them into hamburger, and enjoy." It's both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without."
• That pretty much sums it up.
• And hey - speaking of my sister, why not like her on Facebook? If you like me, you'll love her!
• Oh, and yea....you can like me, too. All the cool kids are doing it!
• Bonus - my high school reunion was a couple weekends ago. I talked about it here, a little. Because I know you all love to see pictures, here is one of me all dolled up!
Don't I clean up nice?
As always, go check out Keely for more Random Tuesday Thoughts!